TR6 Windshield Washer tubing - size?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR6 Windshield Washer tubing - size?

I pulled my heater assembly this past weekend to fix a coolant leak. While I have access, I thought I would replace my windshield washer tubing.

I believe there are two different sizes used:

1 size from the pump / reservoir to the tee

1 size from the tee to the jets

Does anyone know the Inside Diameter of these two lines?

Gary Brooks
    Youngsville,NC

‘73 TR6
    ‘68 TR250
    ‘59 TR3A
    ‘80 Spitfire

So, after quite a bit of digging and some research, I’m using 1/8” ID from the tee to the jets. 3/16 ID is what I’m running from the reservoir / pump to the tee.
    Gary Brooks
    Youngsville,NC

‘73 TR6
    ‘68 TR250
    ‘59 TR3A
    ‘80 Spitfire

Comment

I'll be doing the same thing soon, Gary. Thanks for that research. Mine, like yours I assume, is yellow, almost brown. They work ok - seem to, and with that they are more brittle, may have better pressure control. I don't really care on that - just looking forward to cleaning it up.

If you get a moment, let us know how you pull and replace this. I am going to try to do this from just the engine bay with the hood up. My guess is you need to pull from the T side, away from the reservoir, and once run, then set up the T, and sprayers.

Also, where are you sourcing the tubing?

Cheers - thanks again for the post

guvnal

Comment

Thanks Guv

I just got the tubing this week from Moss (sold by the foot). I searched the net, but I was playing with nickels and dimes so I just got it though a British parts source. They were the only ones that gave some insight to the size (that I could find) Some of the hardware stores carried one size, but not the other and with the price of gas I didn’t feel like running all over town. Since I have my heater and glovebox out, routing is pretty accessible and straightforward. However, I can see this as being a bit of a pain if at least the glovebox is not removed. The tee appears to only be accessible from inside the car and under the dash so I would think you would need access here to connect both sizes - reservoir to tee, and tee to jets. I also have my wood dash unscrewed and leaning forward for accessibility to the heater.

You nailed my reasoning for replacing - dirty, crusty, old and yellowed. It’s served it’s purpose after almost 50 years and was probably seldom used. While I had access, I decided to access. I’m not as limber as I use to be so I took the easy route. Not sure the older you get the wiser you get applies here because sometimes we have to do things 2-3 times on these cars before we get it right. However, I do feel the aches and pains more so the next day after twisting and turning my body to get to things in the car - especially under the dash.

On vacay so my project will be paused for the week, but I’ll post how this goes once I get back on it. I can’t remember how many feet I ordered of each size, but I’ll post this too once I get it routed.

Gary Brooks
        Youngsville,NC

‘73 TR6
        ‘68 TR250
        ‘59 TR3A
        ‘80 Spitfire

Comment

Any pet shop with aquarium supplies will have the tubing, just take a section of each to match up.
          Ralph
          TR250 "Eileen"
          MGB "Merck"
          VW GTI

Comment

Moss and The Roadster factory sells all the correct hose and connections. I bought mine for my restoration from "The Roadster Factory".

Comment

TR6 Windshield Washer tubing - size?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,033   Posts: 494,459   Members: 56,913   Active Members: 138
            Welcome to our newest member, julian30.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

• Sep 10
              01:00 AM | The annual British Car Day in Cincinnati is September 11th.

Live music, food, and beer trucks

Two new classes added, British...
            • No more items.
            Working...
            X