brake master cylinder for the 4runner calipers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TRick6 View Post
    I am going with the Goodparts Dual Master Cylinder Kit. Couple of reasons.
    1. It will address my main complaint - the long brake pedal travel.
    2. It will manage any other upgrades I can throw at it, i.e., front disc upgrades and rear disc conversion.
    3. Simple to install and maintain.
    Al, please let us know how you like it once it is installed. Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by Elwood View Post

Al, please let us know how you like it once it is installed. Thank you.
      I will be happy to report on the install, once I get the car back from paint. I spoke with Richard. We went over my present set up and "long travel" complaint which is not uncommon. He feels that given his experience his Dual Master Kit will cure the issue. Remember the many expensive brake upgrade posted here comprising front calipers and master cylinders ended in disappointment of little noticeable improvements. Even given the kit cost, the beauty of this is that the kit will adequately manage anything I throw at it. He sent me the installation instructions and there are 3 positions to select the best mechanical advantage so I should be able to find a happy place.
      Last edited by TRick6; 05-13-2022, 09:28 AM.
      Best Therapy
      http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
      Zoom Zoom

Comment

I'll be following your install and observations afterwards. I'm tackling the brakes next.

Comment

I have this MC installed in my car, it is truly a work of art. In addition I have a Wilwood vented front disk brake kit along with the RG rear disk brake kit.

This set up greatly overcomes the issues if you are running a triple weber setup using a TWM manifold, which only pulls vacuum from the Groups cyl.

The biggest challenge was bleeding this system. I first tried the "standard method" of someone sitting in the car and pumping the brakes, but because of the bias system, one side would completely collapse and not get a "good pedal"
          I then tried a "MityVac" vacuum system and I honestly think this method is crap... you can never get a good seal especially with the tiny bleeders on the wilwoods. Even when sealing with silicone grease you still drew air.
          The best method and really fool proof was with a pressure bleeder hooked directly up to each master and forcing fresh fluid through the system forcing out any air. This was a simple one person operation and really produced a solid pedal.
          This system also has a built in bias system as well as adjustment for pedal travel (stiffness) which allows you to really dial in the braking.
          If you have any questions I'd be happy to share more of my experience with this set up.

Comment

brake master cylinder for the 4runner calipers

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,991   Posts: 494,175   Members: 56,892   Active Members: 145
          Welcome to our newest member, TriumphFan.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

• Sep 10
            01:00 AM | The annual British Car Day in Cincinnati is September 11th.

Live music, food, and beer trucks

Two new classes added, British...
          • No more items.
          Working...
          X