Fulcrum pin removal - worth it?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fulcrum pin removal - worth it?

Ye olde suspension rebuild in full effect. The fulcrum pin bolts are in there pretty good! I have them moving but they are not moving well - particularly the inner pair. Is it worth forcing the issue or just rebushing the the upper As and being done with it? Any horror stories of stripping threads part way out?

You’ll want to at least inspect the pins after you remove the upper A arms. When I rebuilt my suspension one of the fulcrums had really corroded pins and needed to be replaced.
    Bill Connell
    1969 TR6 CC28790
    TR6 project log
    St. Paul MN

Comment

Stripped and broken fasteners on a suspension job are pretty par for the course. In fact, breaking a suspension bolt is often the quickest way to remove it.

Ed
      For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Ha! Or any job, really! It's true, Ed. I'm just not totally sure how I'd got at those inner bolts to deal with it. I guess maybe that's how I graduate to an off-body suspension/full restoration!

Comment

Originally posted by cammacmillan View Post
          Ye olde suspension rebuild in full effect. The fulcrum pin bolts are in there pretty good! I have them moving but they are not moving well - particularly the inner pair. Is it worth forcing the issue or just rebushing the the upper As and being done with it? Any horror stories of stripping threads part way out?
          Once you have the fasteners moving, I'd follow through, 'cos right now, they're neither in nor out. Extract them by any means necessary and replace them with new. If you're going to restore the front end, may as well do it right.
          Dave C
          '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
          Chapel Hill NC

Comment

Thanks, Dave - yeah, it is a grand old Duke of York "neither up nor down" situation. I'm gonna try to extract them in one piece and clean them up.

Comment

Fulcrum pin removal - worth it?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,863   Posts: 493,174   Members: 56,868   Active Members: 174
            southjersey29
            Welcome to our newest member, southjersey29.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X