Storage

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Storage

Phase 1 of storage complete. Full tank with stabilizer. Wash, wax and oil change with oil added to cylinders. That spin on oil filter caused some frustration!

Looks nice! I bet spring can’t come fast enough!

Comment

• Tom H
      Tom H commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Charlie. It does look great but I have a lot of work to complete over the winter. Hardtop liner, new softtop (probably sourcing those out). Shifter rattle, heat/insulation shield at least in leg room area, window channel repair, new vacuum hoses, maybe new rad and fan. Rad appears to be original. New liner in trunk/boot - in front of fuel tank. I'm low on compression and maybe looking at an overhaul the following winter. Can't imagine attempting it myself. My wife has already commented about how much time I spend with the car..... good thing she doesn't see my credit card statements.
      Edit: oh yeah, bonnet alignment and trunk latch adjustment. I'm sure I'm missing more.
      Last edited by Tom H; 11-23-2021, 04:03 PM.

Looking good! Hopefully, it will be a short winter!

Cheers
    Tush
    81 Alfa Romeo Spider Veloce, 81 Triumph TR8, 1973 Ford Capri
    73 Triumph TR6 CF4874UO, 68 Triumph TR250 CD5228LO
    62 Triumph TR4 CT6716LO, 60 Triumph TR3A TS69891LO
    60 Triumph TR3A TS64870LO, 59 Triumph TR3A TS44836LO
    https://www.youtube.com/user/cheftush

Comment

Don't forget to inflate the tires.
      Flying Dutchman drives: TR6 - 1973 - 56/11 - CF1xxxxUO - J-OD - Kent 280° - EFI EMU Black - Phoenix - 205/60 on 7x16

Comment

• Tom H
        Tom H commented
        Editing a comment
        It's on the list. 10 lbs over? I'm putting the car on dollies if that matters.

Mine goes into storage on Saturday. Every year I put it in offsite storage for the 3 worst months of the year so my DD doesn't sit out in the snow. I hate walking through the garage and not seeing the TR6 sitting there.
      73 TR6
      Dundee, IL
      My TR6

Comment

My TR6 is stored over winter in our garage but pushed off to the side and covered, so I get to see it, but also worry about whacking it with the DD doors when we get in/out.

My mother in law is visiting for thanksgiving and says she wants a ride, so I've delayed storage a bit longer than usual. Happily we haven't had any real snow yet, so I'm still driving it every couple of days.
        Bill Connell
        1969 TR6 CC28790
        TR6 project log
        St. Paul MN

Comment

On a somewhat related note. I kind of goofed up and oiled the cylinders BEFORE running the cards dry. My fault for not making a storage list... anyway is there a way I can get the fuel out of my strombergs without running the engine?

Comment

Tom, you go through a lot more when storing your car than I do. Mine's in storage for 3 months so quite literally all I do is top up the gas tank, fill the tires, park it and disconnect the battery. In 3 months I'll reconnect the battery, pump the fuel pump a couple times, turn the key and she'll start right up. Never had trouble with gummed up carbs, etc. To my understanding a car has to sit for a lot longer than 3 months for that to become a problem.

'course now that I said it I'm virtually guaranteed to have all kinds of problems this spring.
            73 TR6
            Dundee, IL
            My TR6

Comment

Originally posted by Tom H View Post
              My fault for not making a storage list... anyway is there a way I can get the fuel out of my strombergs without running the engine?
              My 250 has SU's, but my E-Type had ZS carbs and there was a drainplug on the bottom. And perhaps shoot some air into it.

Click image for larger version  Name:	P1000338.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	545992
              Ralph
              TR250 "Eileen"
              MGB "Merck"
              VW GTI

Comment

• Tom H
                Tom H commented
                Editing a comment
                I will check that out. Thanks.

'course now that I said it I'm virtually guaranteed to have all kinds of problems this spring.[/QUOTE]

Ain't that the truth!

Comment

Originally posted by 46er View Post

My 250 has SU's, but my E-Type had ZS carbs and there was a drainplug on the bottom. And perhaps shoot some air into it.

Click image for larger version Name:	P1000338.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.11 MB ID:	545992
                You may have a plastic plug instead of a slotted brass screw. Which isn't a screw. it's the "well" for the jet to suck fuel out of. Get a mirror and have a peak.

Some people swear by running the carbs dry. Others don't. Good fuel from a name brand vendor imho should be fine for 3-4 months. Or you can run Stabil through the tank and then really be fine.
                1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

Thanks Scootch. I like the idea of running them dry. Done that with all my yard equipment over the years.

Comment

Nice looking car Tom. Can't wait to see it in the spring.

Comment

• Tom H
                      Tom H commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks Dentman. It does look good but it may need significant engine work. Most of which is beyond my skillset. If you know of any good British car mechanics near us please let me know. Send my a PM.

Storage

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,786   Posts: 492,636   Members: 56,535   Active Members: 5,516
                  Welcome to our newest member, GonacoDob.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X