TR6 Factory Hardtop

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TR6 Factory Hardtop

All those who have worked on or refurbished a TR6 Factory hardtop know there are some parts you just cannot find. The vent/ screen are not made but a refurbished set ( minus screens) can be ordered from EJ Ward in England.

The roof to body mounts are not made any more so you have to come up with a used set from a trashed out top and then there are the headliner roof bows. GT6 bows ( which seem to be getting hard to find as well) can be modified to fit but you need a pattern to work off. I recently found a set of GT6 bows and was loaned TR6 roof bows to use as a pattern. but as I am looking at these things it seems so easy to make something that would work as well as the originals.

Who would have thought something so simple looking would be so hard to make. The big custom shops with all the right equipment are not interested in making them, the smaller shops without the equipment and resources cannot or will not even think about making them,

I am sure all kinds of things have been used ( Curtin rods to pipe) and have done just fine, it just seems that somebody should have figured out how to make something close to the original.

I finally found a shop that at least would look at the bows, but of course the first question is how many do I need because thats going to dive the price.

So to that end...... how many people would be interested in a complete set ( 3 bows) the correct shape and length with the end pieces in place. At this point I dont know if the shop will come through with wanting to make them or what the cost might be but it would help if we could get 4-6 sets made.

Surrounds and screens are identical as GT6 mk2 (plus) except the TR6 bits are painted black...simple
    So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
    68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
    69 TR6 Overdrive Early with fender beads
    71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
    81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Go buy a fiberglass hardtop and then modify it into T tops

Click image for larger version

Name:	63992002294__6BBD574D-774E-4D90-B53D-B289E7AB0A62 2.jpeg
Views:	247
Size:	2.06 MB
ID:	541139 Click image for larger version

Name:	63992007045__5CE6917C-C9F6-4547-BC9C-F5BC1EEADE88 2.jpeg
Views:	234
Size:	2.35 MB
ID:	541140

Comment

For those wanting hard top headliner bows that match the original factory bows I have one set left. I had 6 sets made, these are hand made from stainless steel tubing that have been flattened and bent to match the factory bows and come with stainless end clips.

There are a lot of different ways to make these things but these are as close to factory as you can get but to that end are not cheap, $325 a set including end clips and shipping.

Comment

TR6 Factory Hardtop

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,786   Posts: 492,636   Members: 56,535   Active Members: 5,516
        Welcome to our newest member, GonacoDob.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X