Roll bar poly bushing installation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Roll bar poly bushing installation

Can someone help with instructions for installing the polyurethane bushing on the roll bar? As you can see the hole is much smaller than the flat area where is attaches to the link assembly. If you have installed these in the past, did you heat the bushing to get it over the flat area? If so, what did you use to heat the bushing without distorting it too much? Thanks!

Is there no slit allowing the bushing to open up? With a very sharp knife you could cut one. IIRC the bushings I installed several years ago had one but I can’t remember where I got them. Certainly the ones I put on my wife’s Forester had a slit in them for this reason.

Comment

Originally posted by TR6-ATX View Post
      Can someone help with instructions for installing the polyurethane bushing on the roll bar? As you can see the hole is much smaller than the flat area where is attaches to the link assembly. If you have installed these in the past, did you heat the bushing to get it over the flat area? If so, what did you use to heat the bushing without distorting it too much? Thanks!
      i find your favorite type of slippery and a firm wrap with a hammer will do. I like dead blow hammers
      So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
      67 GT6 Mk1
      68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
      71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
      81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Roll bar poly bushing installation

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,338   Posts: 488,573   Members: 13,708   Active Members: 652
      Welcome to our newest member, Danieltuh.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X