Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Accelerator Linkage Set,

Hi,
    I am getting my carbs ready to send to Ken for a rebuild. I have also found there is a lot of play in the linkage. I know there is a Ratco cable option. Does anyone have experience with Goodparts Accelerator Linkage set? It is a bit pricey. Is it worth it? any other recommendations?
    thanks
    john

John, make sure you check your accelerator shaft bearings. They wear and add slop. Someone, I don't remember who, makes a set that several people on the forum have said is very good.

I cant speak to the Goodparts linkage but anything of his that I have is excellent. I have the Ratco cable and it operates very smoothly. You will also be very happy with the carbs after Ken works his magic on them.

Comment

• poolboy
      poolboy commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, Duff !

You could also tighten up the stock setup. It's very responsive when in good nick. Probably the cheapest option, too.

Ed
    For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by ed_h View Post
      You could also tighten up the stock setup. It's very responsive when in good nick. Probably the cheapest option, too.

Ed
      I cleaned up my stock linkage (there was lots of crud in the ball joints, etc) and replaced the shaft bushings - it's really smooth now and I've decided not to switch to the cable approach at least for the time being. The only problem that I encountered is that I lost part BC23 and had to make up my own stop http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/44.php
      Derek M
      Ontario, Canada
      ’74 Sapphire blue CF22200U
      Fan Eliminator. ZS Carbs (my rebuild)
      Poly Bushings, RG Trailing Arm Brackets.
      Gear Reduction Starter, Points(!),
      Rebuilt/mild upgrades engine

Comment

Annual maintenance for me is a thorough cleaning of the control rod linkage. The ball/sockets always get crudded up over time.
        Here's what I do http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/ControlRod.htm
        1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
        Patton TBI
        HVDA Toyota 5 speed
        Goodparts Nissan Diff
        Goodparts CVJs
        AAW Wire Harness
        Miata Seats
        Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Originally posted by Derekmcallister View Post

I cleaned up my stock linkage (there was lots of crud in the ball joints, etc) and replaced the shaft bushings - it's really smooth now and I've decided not to switch to the cable approach at least for the time being. The only problem that I encountered is that I lost part BC23 and had to make up my own stop http://trf.zeni.net/TR6bluebook/44.php
          Good job, Derek. There is usually more satisfaction in making something or fixing something than in buying something.
          For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Got any photos? I hear that photos work again!
            1974 TR-6 Logic Overdrive

Comment

Just discovered the site is up and running again!
              Thanks for all your comments. I think I will go ahead and see if I can refurbish the stock linkage. The passenger side accelerator shaft bearing is essentially disintegrated and I will be replacing those as well.

Comment

Accelerator Linkage Set,

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,705   Posts: 481,520   Members: 8,375   Active Members: 228
              Welcome to our newest member, oozuraro.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
              X