Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One stuck wire wheel- Any tips on removing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One stuck wire wheel- Any tips on removing?

Good evening gents!
    So I'm trying to extract my new tr3 project, all 4 wire wheels were frozen, manages to free up all but one, the passenger rear. The wheels seems to be stuck to the spline. Knock off is removed, and the wheel wiggles back and forth on the splines but simply refuses to come off. Lots of PB blaster, lots of prying, lots of taps with a hammer, and LOTS of wiggling back and forth to no avail. Any pro tips on how to get this wheel off? the other 3 just slid right off like normal. The only thing I have not tried yet is heat, as I didnt have access to a torch.
    Thanks again in advance, I need to get this thing outta the previous owners driveway tomorrow

Happy day after thanksgiving everybody!!!

Jeff

I've used a gear puller successfully. Does it drive? If necessary, loosen the knockoff and drive slowly in tight turns, on and off the brakes

Comment

I have had luck hitting the rubber tire on the inside with a small maul (5 lb.) as the wheel rotates. I only needed to heat one with a torch once, but I've had a couple dozen TR4s and have seen this problem many times.
      1961 TR4 1966 TR4A
      1968 TR250 1975 TR6
      1979 Spitfire 1500

Comment

Thanks guys-

The wheel is frozen, so I think a trip to the harbor freight for a wheel puller and a torch is the next step. Keep yalls posted!

Comment

One stuck wire wheel- Any tips on removing?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,510   Posts: 490,163   Members: 20,424   Active Members: 5,534
        Welcome to our newest member, Connoramict.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X