Body to frame attaching kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Body to frame attaching kits

As always, one of my hero’s, Ed Hollingsworth, had a great write-up in his Bullfire site addressing the inferior quality of the body attachment kits available from the various vendors. I had already purchased the sheet of reinforced rubber gasket material from Home Depot, but had not replaced those thin fender washers the new kits provide that just don’t seem adequate.
    The originals were thick fender washers in a hard to find size and I spent most of the day going to Grangers, fastenal, Napa, Oreilly’s and Home Depot only to find more thin ones and others that were too small or too big. Fastenal said they could order them for me in a 50 pack, but could not sell them in smaller quantities and even the salesman could not believe the price was $150.00. I was about ready to just use my old ones until my final stop at Lowe’s. They had them in stock. The size is 5/16” x 1.25” and specifically designated as “thick”. I had to go to two Lowe’s and of course had to look in all the wrong slots, but came up with enough to do the job. The brand is Hillman part number 885525 and were about $.60 each rather than $3.00 at fastenal. Add the cost of my gas and time and they were pretty expensive, but I agree with Ed. They are significantly better than the junk supplied in the kits.
    i hope this helps those of you doing a frame off restoration.
    jim

I find McMaster a very handy source for this sort of hardware. I’ve had very good luck using them. Look it up and order online, no running about in search of. They have a 10 pack for $9.50, so a bit more than your 60 cents but delivered to your door. McMaster part #92140A116
    ‘70 TR-6

Comment

Body to frame attaching kits

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,458   Posts: 489,752   Members: 14,980   Active Members: 580
    Welcome to our newest member, ahgedott.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
    X