Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Tail Light Bulb Suggestions for TR6

Hello All,

I tried numerous searches and I know someone has asked this question, but I cannot seem to find the answer. Looking for a recommended LED replacement for the stock bulb. I see that MOSS has them in red, white and amber at $31.99 each which seems quite expensive. Anyone have experience with these or alternatives?

A friend chimed in with a suggestion for LiteZupp.

Also saw this offering from Lumen.

Seems I am answering my own question as I go along. lol Now to find the best option.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Jammin 6; 01-23-2023, 02:45 PM.

I purchased a replacement kit from Litezupp and was happy with it. I also replaced the gauge lights that came with the kit, much better than the originals. I think it is important to have the better lights especially for the rear lights for safety. JMO
    Glenn Davis
    Maryland USA
    1976 Inca Yellow

Comment

I have Litezupp in the Brake/Tail lamp. I like them.

For LEDs, be sure the color bulb matches the lens color in whatever you go with.
      '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
      Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
      Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
      Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
      Redlines always.
      My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

I have LED's in a couple of places.
        This one for the brake/taillights:
        LED replacement bulbs can fit vehicle tail lights, brake lights, reverse lights, turn signals or side marker lights. This 1157 dual-contact, dual-function bulb emits a 360° viewing angle for better, allover light emission with reduced hot spots. The bulb features a tower-style design with a BAY15D 15-mm bayonet base for easy plug-and-play installation—just twist to lock in place. This energy-efficient bulb operates with in a wide 10-30V DC range and is designed to last 25 times longer than incandescent bulbs on your car, truck, SUV, or van. Available in cool white, natural white, amber, and red. Not sold in pairs. Price per bulb.

And these headlights:
        HLV7 series H4 LED headlight/fog light kit easily replaces halogen bulbs with better performance and lifespan. This pair of headlight/fog lights comes complete with fanless cooling technology and internal drivers, easing installation with the minimal body design. Shining 2,000 lumens each bulb, this kit emits bright light in a precise beam that matches the traditional style.
        Driving a 1973 TR6
        Doing ZS carb repairs
        email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Thanks for the prompt feedback, everyone!

Comment

I can second the SuperBrightLED bulb recommendation that Ken made. I’ve got them in my brake and signal lights and they really effective.

Comment

I am a big fan of these for turn signal/parking and tail/brake lights:

As said before, make sure you buy the bulb the same color as the lens. With LED's it is not like the old incandescent bulbs where clear is the best choice, LED's NEED to be the color of the lens or they are not very bright.
              1976 TR6
              Carbs by Poolboy !

Comment

Any reason none has used these?

I can pick these up at lunch, unless someone has a reason why I shouldn't
                1972 Sapphire TR6 #CC84,something

1973 Harvest Yellow MGB V8

Comment

I can't count them but those don't seem to have as many LED's as the ones I have and linked to, Aaron so it may not be as bright.
                  Driving a 1973 TR6
                  Doing ZS carb repairs
                  email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

LED Tail Light Bulb Suggestions for TR6

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,243   Posts: 496,115   Members: 57,012   Active Members: 142
                  Welcome to our newest member, OnTheSpotHouston.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                  X