• Show
Clear All

• LED "STOP" Light Bulbs

Anyone tried these?

https://vintagecarleds.com/shop/bulb...7r-bulbs-only/
    Best Therapy
    http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
    Zoom Zoom

I've gotten all my LED light bulbs from Litezupp and I have been happy with them. That includes all bulbs for TR250, including headlights but not dash lights. And all TR3 bulbs except I have not changed the dash light bulbs nor headlights on TR3.
    Bob

Comment

Been running complete kit (all exterior lights/dash gauges) since purchase @TRfest 2018 Sacramento https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr6...ights.1849779/ love the difference seeing/being seen

Comment

Either of these sources require special turn signal flasher relays or other resistors or other for proper operations?
        Best Therapy
        Zoom Zoom

Comment

Yes they require an "electronic" flasher. I also got them from Litezupp.
          Bob

Comment

Yep. Just installed break lights only. Plug and play. Cheap safety updgrade IMO. LED on left. Standard on right. Even on a sunny day it's really evident.

Comment

Here is the issue. If I go LED amber turn signal lights front and rear i will need to change the flasher for handling the LEDs. Correct? However, If I just do the rear RED dual filament light (1157's), one for a Stop and the other for a Running light, i will not need a special flasher. Correct?
              Best Therapy
              Zoom Zoom

Comment

• Elwood
                Elwood commented
                Editing a comment
                Correct, Al. I have been running the Litzup brake/tail replacement only for about 5 years. No other mod required.

Litezupp requires install of included resistor haven't got around to installing on my TR6 only issue green turn signal indicator light on dash gauge does not flash when left turn lever engaged (flashes on right turn) minor inconvenience as all lights operate/signal outside. Totally agree with Tom H about the difference

Comment

What is your goal? Ease of installation? Slightly better visibility in the rear? I am not clear on what you exactly are trying to achieve.
                If it is to make the back of the car lighting as visible as possible, then https://www.spokeworksled.com/shop.
                If it is to make the back as visible as possible when braking, do the above plus add a pulsing unit driven LED strip to your license plate and get the third brake light I designed available? from Litezupp (no hole drilling and is quite sleek).
                If it is ease of installation, Litezupp hands down. Some improvement if your reflectors are in good shape.
                As for flashing units and LED lights, use electronic flashers for both the hazard and turn signals. No change needed. However, the indicator light in the speedometer probably won't work and will back drive the LED's in the turn signals. Litezupp has an easy dual diode fix included in their kit that both prevents this and makes the speedo LED bulb work properly as an indicator.
                If you really want to splurge, you can get a motorcycle electronic flashing unit for your turn signals, it beeps, annoyingly loud until you put a piece of tape over it. Upside, you don't look like an old geezer who forgot that his turn signal was left on for the last 10 miles.

Comment

The load resistors offered by some suppliers to make the turn signals work are a hack that defeats one of the advantages of LED lights--lower current draw. Changing to electronic flashers is a better solution.

If changing the dash turn indicator light to LED, the stock circuit probably won't work. A couple of diodes and some rewiring will do the trick.

Ed
                  For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

Originally posted by TRick6 View Post
                    Here is the issue. If I go LED amber turn signal lights front and rear i will need to change the flasher for handling the LEDs. Correct? However, If I just do the rear RED dual filament light (1157's), one for a Stop and the other for a Running light, i will not need a special flasher. Correct?
                    I only did the break lights. Plug and play, nothing else needed. Not sure if you change to LED for for the turn signals.

Comment

My misquote diodes/wiring as mentioned in post #10 comes with litezupp complete kit

Comment

Originally posted by Tom H View Post
                        Yep. Just installed break lights only. Plug and play. Cheap safety updgrade IMO. LED on left. Standard on right. Even on a sunny day it's really evident.
                        Which LED supplier did you use? It looks as the Vintage LED bulb has its LED's, and more of them, on the sides of the bulb fixture for indirect illumination to the stock reflective lens, while the Litezup LED's, just 4, are on the top of the bulb for direct lens exposure. Just wondering which would be more effective in directing the light to the lens.
                        Best Therapy
                        Zoom Zoom

Comment

I converted to LED throughout my car, but neglected to verify satisfactory visibility. I had several comments
                        on how bright and visible my stop and turn signal lights were in the day, but I failed to verify the stop lights at night.
                        It turns out the brightness change when the stop light came on was not significantly brighter than the taillight.
                        I replaced the tail/stop light bulbs with Sylvania ZEVO 1157R, and I'm satisfied now.
                        I agree with Ed, adding resisters to make the LED's work with the thermal flasher seemed to me to defeat the purpose of
                        going to LED's, which was to lower the current draw-well, and have brighter lights too.
                        Dennis

Comment

I went with brake lights, rear turn signals and reverse lights from https://www.spokeworksled.com/shop. A veritable "wall of light". The tail lights are also LEDs, but I don't remember from where I bought them. Either way, the back of the little car lights up like a Christmas tree. I added an LED strip central brake light, tapped into one of the brake lights and mounted to the rear rack to get as much height as possible. I left the front turn signals standard, so no extra wiring/diodes required.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	LEDs2.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	100.8 KB
ID:	546074
                          Attached Files
                          Dave C
                          '72 Sapphire #CC82360UO
                          Chapel Hill NC

Comment

LED "STOP" Light Bulbs

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,786   Posts: 492,636   Members: 56,535   Active Members: 5,516
                          Welcome to our newest member, GonacoDob.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                          X