E Fan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E Fan

I have an override switch and a indicator light to tell me when the fan is running but the alternator is back feeding the light keeping it dimly lit at all times. Would anyone have a source and part number for a diode that i could use for this gig? Thanks in advance.

I'm not an electrical guru but the fan freewheeling and illuminating the light is normal and not detrimental to the charging system as far as I know.
    My set up (manual switch and indicator light) has been doing that for years.
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

• tr6ed
      tr6ed commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Baws, yeah I figured it wouldnt do any harm. I remember some guys had put in a diode many moons ago but i cant seem to find that post with the part number they used. I think it was sourced from radio shack so that tells you how long ago it was.

I used one of these for the same purpose: https://www.amazon.com/FAIRCHILD-SEM...dp/B075SSJQD7/

$3.35 for a pack of 15. Still have 14 left!
    Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 TR6
    10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Good Parts Ram-Air induction | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts R200B Diff and CV axles | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Willwood Calipers and Vented Rotors | Good Parts Dual Brake Master Cylinder | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

• tr6ed
      tr6ed commented
      Editing a comment
      perfect, just what i was looking for, thanks Keith

E Fan

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,799   Posts: 492,701   Members: 56,757   Active Members: 4,470
Welcome to our newest member, Jarrodjeard.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X