No announcement yet.

Horns

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can tighten the barrel (slightly collapse) inside the rubber sleeve with a pair of pliers, but I doubt if that wire has anything to do with the hazards. It's most likely a light ground.

Don't forget, you still need to find out why the hazard switch isn't switching the purple/red on and off.
    R3
    Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
    Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

Comment

Originally posted by RatRidgeRoadster View Post
      You can tighten the barrel (slightly collapse) inside the rubber sleeve with a pair of pliers, but I doubt if that wire has anything to do with the hazards. It's most likely a light ground.

Don't forget, you still need to find out why the hazard switch isn't switching the purple/red on and off.
      The wire is really short, I think it may be a ground for a horn. All exterior lights, except haz, are working. When tested each horn sounds, when the wheel horn button is pressed it sounds like just one. I will jump the loose wire to see, I have some bullet stuff somewhere, just need to find it.

The haz switch needs to be looked at, it does not make that nice click sound.

I have what I need to get on the road, the weather the next week or so looks perfect, unless Sam decides to pay a visit. Have not been for a long drive since getting the car in January. Fall, winter and spring are my favorite driving times; summer is too hot and crowded with vacation folks.
      Ralph
      TR250 "Eileen"
      MGB "Merck"
      VW GTI

Comment

Often, a bulb holder will pick up the ground from the light fixture mounting to the body making the ground wire unessential.

Remember, that the horns are grounded with the purple/black wires via the horn button.

Will be interested in what you find at the hazard switch.

Enjoy your drive time.
        R3
        Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
        Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

Comment

• 46er
          46er commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks JIm, had a nice drive today. Car ran well, but it will take a little time getting used to this clutch. When it bites, it bites 😲

I think I found the reason the horn push was shortened, causing the horn to be inoperative. The correct size I installed that regained horn use apparently causes the center horn push to pop out of the steering wheel, found it on the drivers seat, replaced it and it repeated. Will try a thin rubber band on it, or a spot or 2 of rubber cement.
        Ralph
        TR250 "Eileen"
        MGB "Merck"
        VW GTI

Comment

Horns

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,786   Posts: 492,636   Members: 56,535   Active Members: 5,516
        Welcome to our newest member, GonacoDob.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X