Questions about 73 and later model wiring - Poll Number 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about 73 and later model wiring - Poll Number 2

I've noticed an error on the Facia diagrams that I made and shared for the 73, 74-75, and 76 models. I want to revise these diagrams, but I have a couple of questions to ensure accuracy in some other areas on the diagrams.

If you know the answer, please participate in this poll. Comments are also welcomed. Please Give your Commission Number and/or year model if you take the poll and comment.

This question just came up today in this Topic: https://forums.6-pack.org/the-6-pack...pply-connector

EDIT: A new answer has been added to the poll:

If your Heater Fan runs with the key in the accessory position, please select that response.

White/Pink Radio wire Terminated with Spade Terminal and Bullett/Sleeve Connector:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	fetch?id=539909.jpg Views:	0 Size:	2.43 MB ID:	539955
    My Radio wire is Terminated as pictured and is also connected to the Heater Fan Switch.
    16.67%
    My wire is terminated as pictured, but is only connected to the radio or not connected to anything.
    0%
    My Radio wire is only terminated with a Bullet/Sleeve Connector.
    66.67%
    I haven't looked, but my Heater Fan does operate with the key in the Accessory position.
    0%
    Who would even think of putting a radio in a Triumph?
    16.67%
    Just what we need, More Stinking Smoke.
    0%
    Last edited by RatRidgeRoadster; 02-22-2021, 02:13 PM.
    R3
    Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
    Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

1973 TR6 CF10129U Mfg date July 73

Car has white/pink wire connecting to heater switch with pigtail and bullett connector as pictured

Comment

Jim, if the wires are as pictured. would the blower motor get power when the ignition key was in the 'accessory' position ?
      If so that might be one way of determining the type of connection without having to look into the mass of wiring behind or under the dash, right ?
      Driving a 1973 TR6
      Doing ZS carb repairs
      email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Yes, Ken. Why didn't I think of that? I've added that answer to the poll.
        R3
        Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
        Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

Comment

I purchased my TR6 new from the dealer and it came with a radio. The radio comes on in the ignition 'accessory' position, the heater fan comes on in the ignition 'on' position.

Comment

Questions about 73 and later model wiring - Poll Number 2

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,337   Posts: 488,569   Members: 13,702   Active Members: 651
          Welcome to our newest member, AzizSem.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
          X