Questions about 73 model wiring - Poll Number 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions about 73 model wiring - Poll Number 1

I've noticed an error on the Facia diagrams that I made and shared for the 73, 74-75, and 76 models. I want to revise these diagrams, but I have a couple of questions to ensure accuracy in some other areas on the 73 diagrams.

If you know the answer, please participate in this poll. Comments are also welcomed. Please Give your Commission Number if you take the poll and comment.

EDIT: The reason I am asking this is that the Advance Auto-Wire diagrams show the 73 models to have the same Multi-Pin disconnect (Switch with Pigtail) as the 74 and later models, but I have seen numerous posts that indicate otherwise. I would like to establish the changeover point if in fact, any 73 models have the Multi-Pin disconnect.

Click image for larger version  Name:	Ing Sw Multi-Pin Connector.png Views:	39 Size:	167.6 KB ID:	539965

Ignition Switch with pigtail and Multi-Pin disconnect:
    Click image for larger version

Name:	CF Ignition Switch.png
Views:	12
Size:	338.4 KB
ID:	539976

Ignition Switch wired with Spade Terminals (no Pigtail):
    Click image for larger version  Name:	73IgnSwNonPigTail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.8 KB ID:	539952

Spade Terminals for Ignition Switch:
    Click image for larger version  Name:	73IgnSwWiringNonPigTail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	539953
    My 73 Model has an ignition switch with a pigtail as pictured above.
    0%
    My 73 Model has the wiring directly connected to the ignition switch with spade terminals.
    100.00%
    I don't even have a switch, I just Hot-Wire the damn car.
    0%
    I don't know a wire from Shinola.
    0%
    Last edited by RatRidgeRoadster; 02-23-2021, 06:02 PM.
    R3
    Jim Herter,͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏͏Copperas Cove, TX
    Original Owner ֍ 1970 TR6 CC 50990 LO

1973 TR6 CF10129U Mfg Date July 1973

No evidence of pigtail on this car. All wires leading from ignition switch are tie back into the main harness with no disconnect visible

Comment

Originally posted by RatRidgeRoadster View Post
      I've noticed an error on the Facia diagrams that I made and shared for the 73, 74-75, and 76 models. I want to revise these diagrams, but I have a couple of questions to ensure accuracy in some other areas on the 73 diagrams.

If you know the answer, please participate in this poll. Comments are also welcomed. Please Give your Commission Number if you take the poll and comment.

EDIT: The reason I am asking this is that the Advance Auto-Wire diagrams show the 73 models to have the same Multi-Pin disconnect (Switch with Pigtail) as the 74 and later models, but I have seen numerous posts that indicate otherwise. I would like to establish the changeover point if in fact, any 73 models have the Multi-Pin disconnect.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Ing Sw Multi-Pin Connector.png
Views:	49
Size:	167.6 KB
ID:	539965

Ignition Switch with pigtail and Multi-Pin disconnect:

Ignition Switch wired with Spade Terminals (no Pigtail):
      Click image for larger version Name:	73IgnSwNonPigTail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	150.8 KB ID:	539952

Spade Terminals for Ignition Switch:
      Click image for larger version Name:	73IgnSwWiringNonPigTail.jpg Views:	0 Size:	71.0 KB ID:	539953
      My '73 is the non-pigtail model as shown above. Commission # CF11143 U
      Still using the original switch.

Dick

Comment

Questions about 73 model wiring - Poll Number 1

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,337   Posts: 488,569   Members: 13,702   Active Members: 652
      Welcome to our newest member, AzizSem.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X