Incandescent Ignition Bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Incandescent Ignition Bulb?

Anyone know what the Moss part number is for the ignition warning light is fir a 73 TR6? Can’t quite narrow it down with the Moss search function. Doing some dash work so I might as well replace the LED that is in there. It works, but in an odd way.
    SR
    73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
    86 930
    91 535i

It's this one
    https://mossmotors.com/bulb-screw-in-type

It has the standard E10 base if you want to source it locally.
    Last edited by poolboy; 01-23-2021, 11:20 AM.
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Thanks. That’s an E10 bulb, correct?
      SR
      73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
      86 930
      91 535i

Comment

Yes, I must have been editing with that when you were asking.
        Driving a 1973 TR6
        Doing ZS carb repairs
        email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Ok, thanks, found some in my box of bulbs. Now, does anyone have a clever idea for getting the thumb nuts back on the oil gauge without dropping them into the black hole known as behind the dash?
          SR
          73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
          86 930
          91 535i

Comment

• SapphireBlue72
            SapphireBlue72 commented
            Editing a comment
            That's a good one.
            Remove the driver seat (2 nuts & 2 bolts), lie on your back with legs stretched out & head in footwell, have a trouble light on the gauge backside, take some deep breaths and wiggle your arm into position with the nuts.
            You could remove the front screws from the wood dash, and tilt it backwards, but it's tricky getting those screws back in place.

I'm not that knowledgeable about the LED's, but doesn't the filament bulb provide sensing for the alternator?
          It provides the 12v to the alternator when the key is in run, which allows the alternator to charge.
          Or, am imistaken-Again? I made many changes, and used a 560 ohm resistor in that circuit for just that purpose.
          Dennis

Comment

Yes it does. With the LED bulb I had to rev the engine to about 2300 rpms to get the light to go out and the charging system working.(which apparently it did as the battery is four years old and has never been on an external charger). So I’m going back to incandescent, though the LED was very bright.
            SR
            73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
            86 930
            91 535i

Comment

• #5.1
                  SapphireBlue72 commented
                  Today, 01:30 PM
                  That's a good one.
                  Remove the driver seat (2 nuts & 2 bolts), lie on your back with legs stretched out & head in footwell, have a trouble light on the gauge backside, take some deep breaths and wiggle your arm into position with the nuts.
                  You could remove the front screws from the wood dash, and tilt it backwards, but it's tricky getting those screws back in place.
              • That may be next. Somehow I got the nuts and bracket off thru the ashtray, and I still have numerous lacerations on the back of my hand and fingers as evidence.
              SR
              73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
              86 930
              91 535i

Comment

Incandescent Ignition Bulb?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,338   Posts: 488,573   Members: 13,708   Active Members: 652
              Welcome to our newest member, Danieltuh.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X