No announcement yet.

Alternator Advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have the Bosch 13107 also. Pretty much plug and play. Moss sells a conversion plug for early cars. Run the parallel wire, 55A is border line for the original loom gauge wire specially if you get a dead battery. If you believe in insurance, wire is cheap.
    72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

Approximately what guage wire should we use add a secondary, parallel wire to the battery?

Comment

I used stranded 8 gauge.
        72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

I just installed the same alternator and need to verify that I have the wiring correct. I'm trying to source a plug for these ratty connectors. You can see the little brown wire lying off to the right with painters tape on the end, and will cap/secure it before starting the car. I also have an additional 8 gauge wire that I will add either to the middle connector, or the post at 11:00. The tape on top of the alternator is just to remind me to tighten the belt.

Click image for larger version

Name:	BBD3A3F2-0461-43C4-801C-374DE3707EDD.jpeg
Views:	79
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	537699

I think I read somewhere that you can remove this item. I have no idea what it does, but if I need to put it back, someone please let me know. It plugs into the connector on the left side of the post at 11:00.

Click image for larger version

Name:	166A3EC1-DC15-4E22-973E-C0D700F96329.jpeg
Views:	75
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	537700
          Pete, Collierville TN
          1976 CF54385 U
          A rolling resto in progress...

Comment

Originally posted by prasnick View Post
            I think I read somewhere that you can remove this item. I have no idea what it does, but if I need to put it back, someone please let me know. It plugs into the connector on the left side of the post at 11:00.
            It's probably an EMI noise suppression device. If you hear a whine in your radio without it, you need it.

Ed
            For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

attach the extra wire to the center lug and Moss sells a new connector for the wire ends . Also put some vacuum caps on the "hot" posts sticking out of the back of the alt so you don't let any smoke out.

Comment

Alternator Advice

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,201   Posts: 487,137   Members: 12,413   Active Members: 742
              Welcome to our newest member, odxajepokini.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
              X