1,2,3 Distributor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1,2,3 Distributor

Anyone know if the 1,2,3 distributors are made for our cars? Is, so, can share results?

* If so...

Comment

if you are referring to an 123Ignition....yes ofcourse there are!
      Last edited by JochemsTR; 08-13-2020, 01:31 AM.
      Flying Dutchman drives: TR6 - 1973 - 56/11 - CF1xxxxUO - J-OD - Kent 280° - EFI EMU Black - Phoenix - 205/60 on 7x16

Comment

There are several options.
        123ignition in a new housing. This comes with a digital output for your tachometer.
        123ignition in existing housing. The mechanics are completely removed, so no contacts, no springs. New electronics are put in. Mechanical gear for tachometer remains.

The 123ignition comes with either pre-selected ignition curves or programmable by laptop or blue tooth. The pre-selected curves do not really match the TR6. They are either too much pre-ignition in the low end, or too little in the back end.

I had very good results with the 123. The 123 also supports manifold pressure, but I found this unnecessary.
        Flying Dutchman drives: TR6 - 1973 - 56/11 - CF1xxxxUO - J-OD - Kent 280° - EFI EMU Black - Phoenix - 205/60 on 7x16

Comment

Care to share the curves that respond well with our Triumphs?

Comment

I can only provide mine (123 Tune), which not necessarily fits all. As you probably know, it all depends on engine configuration.

500 12°
            1000 16°
            1600 21°
            2000 23°
            2600 28°
            3000 29°
            4000 31°
            6000 31°

You can play with Idle....be carefull with ignition on full load to avoid "pinging": As I mentioned, it depends on your engine.
            Currenty I am driving EFI with wasted spark ignition....
            Jochem

Comment

Thanks Jochems. Was your static timing at 0 degrees?

Comment

yes, static 0 degrees

Comment

Thank you!

Comment

The Bentley manual has the curves for the various distributors and curves for your car. The curves varied a bit over the production years.
                    72 TR6 Sapphire Blue/black, purchased 1988
                    Sequential Fuel injection-Megasquirt3x ECU, Sal Vespertino Supercharger Kit
                    Eaton M62:8.5psi [email protected] MAP, DuPont T5 tranny, GP2 cam, GP roller rockers, PLX AFR wideband, SPAL 16" rad. fan, air/oil separation system w Wagner PCV valve

Comment

Noted. Thanks

Comment

1,2,3 Distributor

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,093   Posts: 485,818   Members: 11,427   Active Members: 807
                      Welcome to our newest member, Sivertemise.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                      X