Replacement seats

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Replacement seats

I would like to get new seats for the TR 6. Are there any opinions about the seats offered by Moss or Vicky Brit? With the current Moss sale the prices are comparable. What do we think?
    John Z

I think its the same seat

Comment

Since my original seats' vinyl was in great, supple condition, I elected to have mine re-stuffed with seat foam kits.

They suck. There's not much difference between a bench seat and stock seats, when it comes to holding you in during 'spirited' driving. And it seems to me the original seats are made for people about 5'7 and under- the head rest is in the middle of most guy's backs.

I wonder if the Moss units have better bolster support, and higher backs?

Comment

And it seems to me the original seats are made for people about 5'7 and under- the head rest is in the middle of most guy's backs.

Don't know about the Moss seats height, but the 1990-1997 Miata seats are supportive from the butt to the head.
        Even my nice '72 TR6 seats don't reach my neck (am 6').
        Walt
        CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
        poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Thanks everyone for getting back on the seat issue. My seat covers were ok so I had them restuffed with the same outcome - the top of the seat hits me in the middle of my back and I don't think the head rest will be much good for anything. It looks like the Moss seats are leather and mount to the original seat rails. the Vicky Brit seats are vinyl and come with replacement seat rails. the add says the front mounting holes match up and two new holes need to be drilled for the rear mounting. It looks like there might be a little more travel with the Vicky Brit seats

I've seen pictures on line and they look nice, I was just wondering if there were any preferences or issues with either.

Thanks again for the repies,
          John Z

Comment

If you're not stuck on originality, your other option is to install Miata seats...... great support, very comfortable and the headrest actually protects your head and neck...... toss in the headrest speakers and you're good to go. You can pick them up in a junkyard for $100 - $200 and new covers from Mr Mike (http://www.mrmikes.com/miata_to_triumph.htm) for $450 and the mounting brackets from Rick Patton (http://www.pattonmachine.com/Miata-Brackets.htm) for $180..... all in for under $850.

I went that route 7 years ago and love them! http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/MiataSeats1.htm
            1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
            Patton TBI
            HVDA Toyota 5 speed
            Goodparts Nissan Diff
            Goodparts CVJs
            AAW Wire Harness
            Miata Seats
            Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

+1 on Boddy D's set up.

Mr Mike offers numerous design options with sticking and bolster pleats. He also offers a TR6 logo on the headrest so the seats look original, just in much nicer leather.

Comment

Replacement seats

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,850   Posts: 483,234   Members: 8,829   Active Members: 553
              Welcome to our newest member, leriswels.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
              X