Original TR250 sun visors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Original TR250 sun visors

I am hoping to replace the sagging sun visors on my TR250. I have been unable to find any that match my originals. I am wondering if any one has their original TR250 sun visors and if they match mine or do they match the TR6 visors sold by TRF and Moss? If you have found new ones that match mine, please let me know where I can buy some. Thanks!!

Also, please post pictures of your TR250 visors if possible, and provide measurements. Thanks!!

Mine are a different size than the TR6 sun visors sold by Moss and TRF. Dan from TRF sent me a picture of their sun visors with measurements shown. I have attached his picture plus a picture of my TR250 sun visors to show the differences. I am 99% sure mine are original since I?ve owned the car for a long time and there is only one set of mounting holes in the windshield frame where the rubber holders screw into the frame near the center of the windshield. Since the TR6 visors are longer than my originals I would have to drill holes closer to the center of the car for them to fit, and they also block the rear view mirror when folded down, whereas my originals do not. (I have held a set of TR6 visors up against my originals.) I do not want to drill new holes nor have them block my rear view mirror.

Regards, Bob

Something that you might try, in order to remove the sag problem, is to wave a heat gun (or hair dryer) back & forth over the sagging sections, on medium heat setting.
    This will tighten up (shrink) the vinyl and might make it acceptable.

I use clear shrink wrap on matted art work & shrink it with a heat gun, works real well.
    You just need to be careful to not point at one location too long, as it can melt a hole in the vinyl. Just until you see it start to tighten up, then move on.
    Walt
    CC80954U '72 TR6 original condition/sold 16.500.
    poolboy rebuilt the Z-S Carbs. Philstr6 rebuilt both rear hubs.

Comment

Slide the visor, onto the rod, closer to the hinge mount and you should be able to use the same rubber hold down position near the rear view mirror. As far as I know, the windshield frames for the 250 and 6 are identical and aside from grain pattern, so should the visors be.
      CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
      2nd owner, since 1975
      Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

For what it's worth, a quick search of the TRF data base for "sun visor" shows multiple styles of vinyl. Most of the descriptions say that they apply to both TR250 & TR6.

HTH

Gordy C.
        Gordy C
        CC75212L

Comment

The only issue I found with the TRF sun visors is that the internal metal bandclamp that is suppose to surround the rods on both ends is made way to large and will not grip the rods tight enough to hold them in place. I had to slightly bend my rod to get a tight fit. I was under the impression that TR250 and 1969 thru 1971 TR6 visors were all the same.

Comment

Does anyone on 6-Pack have an all original TR250, with original sun visors, that they could send me pictures of the sun visors? Thank you!
            Regards, Bob

Comment

Don't know if anyone has pm'd you with the pics but here are mine, believed to be original. The plastic cover overthe mirror was so yellowed that I could not see the mirror so I cut it out with a razor blade. Your mirror appears to be over sized and may have been just glued on top of the old one.

10.5" across the top and 14.5" at the widest along the bottom, 4.5" deep.

photo 20160823_154457_zpsi1nnauur.jpg

photo 20160823_154532_zpsg6apvrue.jpg

hope this helps.

Peter

Comment

Don't know if anyone has pm'd you with the photo's you asked for so here are mine which I believe to be original. The plastic covering on the mirror was so hard and yellowed from age that I was unable to see the mirror so I cut it off with a razor blade.

10.5" across the top. 14.5" at the widest across the bottom and 4.5" deep.

hope this helps.

Peter

Comment

Peter, thank you very much for the pictures!! Yours are the first I have received showing original TR250 visors. I am pleased to see that they match the shape of the ones on my TR250 which makes me more confident that mine are the original TR250 shape.
                  Regards, Bob

Comment

Original TR250 sun visors

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,850   Posts: 483,234   Members: 8,829   Active Members: 553
                  Welcome to our newest member, leriswels.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                  X