No announcement yet.

Hard top rear glass

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Forgot to mention I saved the old rubber. A bit of a different profile.

Comment

Forgot to mention I saved the old rubber. A bit of a different profile.

Your old rubber seems very small compared to the new. My old and new were approximately equal in size; from your photo they both appear to be like your new one.

Do you have a photo of your top?

Comment

Sadly I have the same issue with the surrey top glass seal. Way too big. We eventually fit it, but we could NOT get the plastic trim in. I'm hoping it shrinks a bit over time

Quality control. I think I got mine from Moss or possibly Revington...its been a while and lemme tell you after fighting 2 hours, I wasn't about to pull it back out and send it back

Todd
        So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
        67 GT6 Mk1
        68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
        71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
        81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

I couldn't use the 'aftermarket' seal for my surrey backlight, Todd. I ended up with a universal type seal from a glass shop.
          I wrote it off as being a combination of a Microplas frame and a TripleX glass, but I'm wondering if somewhere along the line the surrey top seals got mixed up with the 'hard top' seal.
          Are they close to the same size ?
          Driving a 1973 TR6
          Doing ZS carb repairs
          email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Try and try again.

In regards to the chrome, it seems the bullet one is newer and the square is original - ordered a bullet one so they match.

On the gasket, TRF sent me another one for free, but...

As I'm in Canada, I had my sis pick it up and bring it down when she visits (this weekend) and lo and behold they sent the gasket for the windshield to the front of the hardtop. Frick! Phoned TRF again and see if we can get the right gasket this time.

To be continued!!!!

Comment

Try and try again.

In regards to the chrome, it seems the bullet one is newer and the square is original - ordered a bullet one so they match.

On the gasket, TRF sent me another one for free, but...

As I'm in Canada, I had my sis pick it up and bring it down when she visits (this weekend) and lo and behold they sent the gasket for the windshield to the front of the hardtop. Frick! Phoned TRF again and see if we can get the right gasket this time.

To be continued!!!!
              Martin MacGregor is in Canada.

Comment

The chrome finisher that goes on the back of the hard top is NLA. So they take the rocker chrome trim and cut that to size.

Comment

Already tried Martin - he doesn't have any.

And I think someone asked what my top looked like -
                  here's my top (freshly painted)

Comment

Jasmine?

Awesome!!

Comment

Old English White - more of a creamier white than white.

New rubber is on it's way!

Comment

Well, if you remember, the first rear glass rubber didn't fit.

Then TRF shipped the front rubber seal by mistake.

But, TRF came through and shipped directly to my house a rear rubber that actually fits.

Happy that it fits and am impressed with TRF as they shipped it the last time directly to my house in Canada (didn't have to have the sis go across the line and get it and the ship it to me).

Thumbs up to TRF

Comment

Glad to hear you got the correct part and that it fits. Following this topic closely as I need to redo my hardtop this winter and I have already bought all the parts from TRF. Please keep posting with your progress as it will let meknow the issues I will have.

Comment

The chrome finisher that goes on the back of the hard top is NLA. So they take the rocker chrome trim and cut that to size.
                            TRF's Summer Catalogue, p. 140, shows hard top rear finishers. Looks like they have their own tooling for these.

Dick

Comment

What is the best material (lexan, plexiglass, etc.) to use for a rear glass replacement?

Comment

I always thought the old English white ala MG would look great on a tr6, can you post a picture of the car when done?

Comment

Hard top rear glass

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,946   Posts: 484,119   Members: 9,387   Active Members: 640
                                Welcome to our newest member, GlennaSmank.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                                X