Scuttle plenum drain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scuttle plenum drain

I am getting water inside my 72. Taking it down to see where it is coming from I noticed that there is fitting behind the dash to the plenum drain (?) that goes to a hose that takes the water out to inside the fenders.

Doesanyone know what this fitting is called, where I can find a pair and how they attach? Mine seems to have a jury rig setup from the PO that is letting water into the car / carpets
    72 Pimento w/overdrive

Hi Ifmtr4
    There is no replacement parts for the piece you are looking for . It is a piece of pipe welded in at the factory and is part of the scuttle. I would look into getting a piece of pipe of the correct diameter and length welded into place , and then replace the rubber hose.
    Checked them out last night and they are brazed in place .
    Al

Comment

Thanks for the reply Al,

I was afraid of that but will persevere. I did get the scuttle vent lid for a belt and suspenders approach to keep the water out of the car. If you can find the pictures that you offered on a previous post of how it goes together, that would be great. Really appreciate the help and advice.

Thanks,

Lou

[email protected]
      72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

The car is at a friends so I will try early next week to get pictures and send them to you .
        Al

Comment

Scuttle plenum drain

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,946   Posts: 484,116   Members: 9,384   Active Members: 640
        Welcome to our newest member, Lamarau.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X