Seat belt repair

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Seat belt repair

A number of years back I heard of a vendor that repairs TR6 Kangol seat belts to like new condition. I checked, and they do have a web page, https://www.ssnake-oyl.com. Has anyone used them recently? Were you satisfied with the quality and price?

Trmark
    Mark Wilson

'73 TR6 CF1054U
    '76 TR6 CF57846UO
    '63 TR3B TCF2761L

Hot and cold reviews for snake oyl out there. Their website has current attendance events from 2013 so buyer beware I would say. Here is a link to a good outline on seatbelt refurbishment http://bullfire.net/TR6/TR6-83/TR6-83.html. Good luck.

Comment

Place looks pretty rundown, but the sign looks good. Have you called them?

Find local businesses, view maps and get driving directions in Google Maps.
      Ralph
      TR250 "Eileen"
      MGB "Merck"
      VW GTI

Comment

Reminds me of when I first bought my 6 and one of the Kangol belts was not retracting properly. So, being the budding youg home mechanic I was at the time, I decided to disassemble the working unit to learn how to repair the non functional one, resulting in having a matching set of broken seat belts.
        Back in those days, there was no seatbelt laws so I drove for many years without any belts whatsoever.
        Eventually I purchased aftermarket 3 point belts from TRF which work fine as replacements for the Kangols.
        Only issue is the male end of the Securon belts don't fit into the plastic storage holders on the sills.
        They do sort of if you remove the plastic spring thingy inside the holder however.
        CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
        2nd owner, since 1975
        Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

FWIW a few Yelp reviews. They used to get good (but pricey) reviews in Camaro forums I frequent (this was the early 2000s), but seemed like over time their rep got worse. Good luck.

Last edited by Petes TR6; 01-17-2023, 06:34 PM.

Comment

I took my Kangols apart carefully and opted to buy new Securons. Much better technology in the newer belts and by the time I replaced the webbing it was only a few buckets more.
            72 Pimento w/overdrive - Lilred
            67 4A Royal Blue - Lilblue

Comment

Seat belt repair

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,243   Posts: 496,115   Members: 57,012   Active Members: 142
            Welcome to our newest member, OnTheSpotHouston.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X