Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wood Dash Suppliers are dropping like flies!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wood Dash Suppliers are dropping like flies!

It appears that CG Autowood is no longer in business. I know that Prestige Autowood closed several years ago. Are there any custom wood dash suppliers left?
    Tom Freeman
    1973 TR-6 - my driver
    1976 TR-6 w/ OD - restoration project
    1974 Spitfire w/ OD

Yeah, a guy over in Baton Rouge is doing dash...Pictures looked pretty good to me.
    I think he's "wire wheel guy" on the Forum
    Driving a 1973 TR6
    Doing ZS carb repairs
    email kencorsaw"at"aol.com

Comment

Thanks Ken. I have also found a guy in Ireland that is making dashes for the TR4 group. He also makes 6 dashes.His work looks really nice and seems to be reasonably priced.
      Tom Freeman
      1973 TR-6 - my driver
      1974 Spitfire w/ OD

Comment

Was not aware of CGA stopping.

I wish I had a better shop. I would do dashes…
        1973 TR6 – BRG with beige interior, custom LED lighting
        Hardtop, OD, Rollbar, 15”Koenigs
        Bored, balanced and polished motor with PI cam, hi-comp head, triple DCOE's
        Header, custom exhaust, custom alternator, e-fan
        Lowered, poly suspension, Konis and rear anti roll-bar
        www.coventrysfinest.blogspot.com

Comment

• L.O. Guvna
          L.O. Guvna commented
          Editing a comment
          seems up your alley, OLS

I had wire wheel guy reveneer and seal my 4A project car’s dash. The DPO had given it a coat of redwood stain and it had some gaps to fill in. I wanted it to match the Nardi wheel it has so he lets you pick your veneer and finish. You can read about it here.

https://www.triumphexp.com/forum/tr4...-dash.1854537/

There is also another fellow making one for a 4A in a burl, I think he’s your guy in Ireland...Peter.
        Last edited by lfmTR4; 01-17-2022, 10:59 PM.
        72 Pimento w/overdrive - Lilred
        67 4A Royal Blue - Lilblue

Comment

I had same problem - I should of purchased a while ago and just stored it. I was disappointed to see CG Autowood retired or whatever. I hope he gives his templates to the next generation to use somehow. I am having a Rosewood color dash made right now but Peter in Ireland. Pricing is competitive considering distance and use of an exotic wood. So far the progress pictures look amazing.

https://handmadebyheary.wordpress.com/products/

Comment

I think Madera Concepts up in Goleta is still around.
            '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
            Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
            Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
            Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
            Redlines always.
            My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

I got mine in 2015 from Carl Visser, after seeing the example on Brosky's (Paul Rego) website: http://www.74tr6.com/dashpanel.htm

Carl is a cabinet-maker, and used to sell his TR dashes on ebay, but disappeared a couple of years ago. Based on this thread, I emailed him, and he informs me he is still active, and making dashes. Turns out he stopped selling on ebay after they made some changes in vendor fee policies.

I'm not certain, but I do not believe Carl makes dashes with the highly-lacquered gloss finishes that people like Randy Keller and CG used to make, but rather, his are more of a semi-gloss, like the OEM dashes.

Anyway, you can contact him at: [email protected]
              Keith, Huntsville AL, 1971 TR6
              10.0:1 CR gasflowed head | Weber DCOEs | CP "150hp" Cam | Good Parts Ram-Air induction | Distibutor by Advanced | Lightened flywheel | Phoenix SS Exhaust System | HVDA 5-Speed | Good Parts R200B Diff and CV axles | Good Parts suspension and anti-roll bars | Willwood Calipers and Vented Rotors | Good Parts Dual Brake Master Cylinder | Konig Rewinds | Boyd 15 gal tank | Miata Seats and Mr Mikes covers | Carl Visser dash | Mohair hood | Gas-strut bonnet and boot lift kits

Comment

Originally posted by A Brit in Bama View Post
                I got mine in 2015 from Carl Visser, after seeing the example on Brosky's (Paul Rego) website: http://www.74tr6.com/dashpanel.htm

Carl is a cabinet-maker, and used to sell his TR dashes on ebay, but disappeared a couple of years ago. Based on this thread, I emailed him, and he informs me he is still active, and making dashes. Turns out he stopped selling on ebay after they made some changes in vendor fee policies.

I'm not certain, but I do not believe Carl makes dashes with the highly-lacquered gloss finishes that people like Randy Keller and CG used to make, but rather, his are more of a semi-gloss, like the OEM dashes.

Anyway, you can contact him at: [email protected]
                Thanks, Keith!
                Tom Freeman
                1973 TR-6 - my driver
                1974 Spitfire w/ OD

Comment

• ibjean325
                  ibjean325 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Just browsing the posts....I also have a dash from Carl Visser. Semi-gloss, very nice, nice to discover he is still making the dashes.

There's still a website for Madera Concepts. I haven't tried the contact info to see if they still reply. The website is dated and the copyright at the bottom of the page is 2014.

http://www.maderaconcepts.com/

Comment

Wood Dash Suppliers are dropping like flies!

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 40,033   Posts: 494,459   Members: 56,913   Active Members: 138
                Welcome to our newest member, julian30.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

• Sep 10
                  01:00 AM | The annual British Car Day in Cincinnati is September 11th.

Live music, food, and beer trucks

Two new classes added, British...
                • No more items.
                Working...
                X