Flushing out the soft top cover

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flushing out the soft top cover

I've run with the hard top on for three years and decided last Spring to take it off and drive the car as it was meant to be. I did not put the soft top back in because I never use it. I got this wild idea to make an "enhanced" soft top cover setup that looks more substantial. I bought the curved metal piece from Moss that fits the rear edge of the a soft top to the rear deck and installed it along with the snaps that secure the soft top cover. Then I made a wood platform, screwed it to the curved piece, covered it in foam, and snapped the top cover over it. What do you think? I think it makes the car look much better "finished off".
    Attached Files

Well done!
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

I think you have a very pretty car.

Comment

I think that looks great! The soft covers can sometimes look a little lumpy where they contact the folded soft top.

Ed
        For just a little more, you can do it yourself!

Comment

It looks great. It takes no small effort to get a cover that is sleek. Now, my sewing skills dramatically improved after this part. But, I never had used a walking foot before.
          Attached Files

Comment

The lumpy look is why I started making padded boot covers..... 170 sold and still going strong.... and the top is still available to use
            1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
            Patton TBI
            HVDA Toyota 5 speed
            Goodparts Nissan Diff
            Goodparts CVJs
            AAW Wire Harness
            Miata Seats
            Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Bobby D makes fine stuff. Here is what I meant. I had different design criteria that drove both the sleek look coupled with non movable rigidity. Click image for larger version

Name:	3D60F244-D44E-429A-B7F6-43C0119C6B5F.jpeg
Views:	101
Size:	3.58 MB
ID:	545120

Comment

Thanks for this. I have been holding off on reinstalling the snap studs onto the rear body tub, which were filled after some past body work.

I may not do the wood platform, but outfitting the softop rear bar with snap studs installed is the ticket!

Thanks.
                '74 TR6 CF13007U aka "Mr. T"
                Custom Blue (Delft-Like) and New Tan (Formerly Mallard and New Tan)
                Points, Ballast Bypassed, Bosch Blue Coil, Moss Cobalt Wires, Champion RN12YC plugs.
                Peaks and tweaks, but the spirit of Original
                Redlines always.
                My wife is the Driver, I'm just the Mechanic....

Comment

Flushing out the soft top cover

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,799   Posts: 492,701   Members: 56,731   Active Members: 4,622
                Welcome to our newest member, Jarrodjeard.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
                X