paint colour code 73?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• paint colour code 73?

I bought a trim pencil brush for the official colour for this 76 TR6 just so I could see what this car would look like in its original exterior paint colour. The colour is described as maple brown and now that I have seen the colour of the trim brush I realize that what I thought was rust beneath the last paint job [black] is in fact the original colour. I would describe it as a sort of khaki. If I ever get around to getting this car painted I would like to adhere to its origins with trim #74 described as light mottled tan] and paint code #73 but this seems like a very drab colour for such a sporty little car. I am really torn. I would prefer British racing green but I would like to match the paint to its paint code number. Can this paint colour be made to look like something? Are there any TR6s still sporting this colour?

Yes, there are still a few TR6's that are still some that are one of the shades of brown, Sienna being one, out there.
    I rather like it, reminds me of a Hawker Hurricane, without the green camo.
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Hmmm. A Hawker Hurricane! Never thought of that. Maybe I should do maple brown and green and protect the car from being bombed by a Heinkel!

Comment

I think a camo soft top would like great over a maple brown body color

Maple brown https://www.cincyclassiccars.com/197...riginal-17900/
        Last edited by 46er; 09-15-2021, 02:04 PM.
        Ralph
        TR250 "Eileen"
        MGB "Merck"
        VW GTI

Comment

paint colour code 73?

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 39,679   Posts: 491,630   Members: 40,674   Active Members: 6,188
        Welcome to our newest member, uhopixisoli.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
        X