Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Firewall/bulkhead

Hello all, glad to have the site back!
    To satisfy my desire to do something I have been toying with the idea of putting a metal backing behind the panel that separates the cabin from the fuel tank/boot. After seeing the photos of the accident in Atlanta last Friday(?) and being a first hand witness to how people have forgotten how to drive properly I’ve been thinking about safety enhancements.
    Has anyone done this/seen this? Is it a waste of time? I do have one of the Boyd aluminum fuel tanks installed FWIW.
    Thanks
    C74

Its required for racing, Revington TR even sells a kit for that. It would be easy enough to fab one from aluminum and install it behind the stock piece I would think.
    Here is a link to the Revington part https://www.revingtontr.com/product/...re-wall-tr4a-6

Comment

I’ve thought of it since there’s nothing between me and 13 gallons of gas other than particle board and 3’ of air for it to light. My idea was to use a sheet of metal, either steel or aluminum and cut it using the particle board of the rear card as a template. Then put it between the tank and the card and screw through both to the mounts. Of course you could also make a neoprene (or other closed cell foam that will not dissolve with gas) envelope to enclose it and absorb some of the shock and maybe retain the liquid.
      I72 Pimento w/overdrive

Comment

Thanks guys. I didn’t realize Revington had a kit...
        Lou, i was thinking exactly what you were as far as construction but the neoprene hadn’t occurred to me. Good thinking
        c

Comment

Firewall/bulkhead

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,707   Posts: 481,539   Members: 8,376   Active Members: 231
        Welcome to our newest member, oozuraro.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
        X