New / rebuilt seats in a 1969 TR-6

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New / rebuilt seats in a 1969 TR-6

I'm having my 1969 TR-6 restored. The original 1969 seats don't recline. Because of two back surgeries, and me being 50 years older now than when I bought this car, the fixed angle of the original seats is just too uncomfortable. I have been in a later TR6 at the restoration shop that had the "Suffolk" seats. I like them a lot, but in my driving position, I can only recline a very small angle before the seat back hits the rear wheel well. Any advice on reclining seats (new or rebuilt later TR6 models or experience with the Miata seats) specifically with regard to being able to recline?

All seats: stock, Suffolk, Miata etc will hit the wheel hump limiting the amount you can recline. All you can do is pull the seat forward to gain a larger degree of reclining. I've had the Miata seats for about 10 years now and find them far more comfortable than stock..... and my stock seats were/are in great shape with new foam and diaphragms.
    1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
    Patton TBI
    HVDA Toyota 5 speed
    Goodparts Nissan Diff
    Goodparts CVJs
    AAW Wire Harness
    Miata Seats
    Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

• DavidFLOR
      DavidFLOR commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. I suspected that, but wanted to hear it from some other experienced TR-6 drivers.

If you can, try the 70-72 seats. They’re hi back and recline. Pretty comfy in my opinion.
    So much rust, so little time

64 TR4 Overdrive Surrey
    67 GT6 Mk1
    68 TR250 Soon to have Overdrive & Surrey
    71 TR6 Hardtop Soon to have OD
    81 TR8 Injected Automatic...the LAST Automatic

Comment

Dave, in response to the 70 - 72 seats, I have a complete set that are in pretty good shape out of a 70 TR6 I am parting out if your interested. Thanks, John

Comment

Originally posted by JohnMack View Post
        Dave, in response to the 70 - 72 seats, I have a complete set that are in pretty good shape out of a 70 TR6 I am parting out if your interested. Thanks, John
        John, I might be interested if Dave is not.
        Tony
        New to the British auto world.
        No qualifications - old school shadetree mechanic...just enough knowledge to be dangerous!
        1973 TR6, ZS carbs, Pertronix ignition (for now)
        1973 Ford Bronco, 302 V8
        1952 Ford 8N tractor
        ...they keep me busy!

Comment

I’ve seen reference to flattening part of the inner wheel arch to get more seat extension for tall drivers, seems feasible to do a similar thing for recline.
          Bill Connell
          1969 TR6 CC28790
          TR6 project log
          St. Paul MN

Comment

I flattened out the wheel arch in my '69', it allowed me to maintain my leg room while being able to recline the seat back. By the way you can't tell that the wheel arch has been modified as the interior
            trim covers it up without any visible change.

Tom
            Mine's a '69'
            CC312222L

Comment

New / rebuilt seats in a 1969 TR-6

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,946   Posts: 484,118   Members: 9,386   Active Members: 639
            Welcome to our newest member, EthelLok.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
            X