‘69-72 dash warning lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ‘69-72 dash warning lights

I’m working on my dash, re-veneering and generally fixing up missing/broken things in the area. One thing I’m missing is the back of the brake and hazard light fittings. The dash had been covered in vinyl, and the fronts just pushed in the holes. That would explain why the lamp sockets kept falling off the back. Does anyone have that screw-on back fitting part?

A related question: what color are those lights supposed to be? Both of the lenses on mine are red, but i don’t assume that’s correct. The Rimmer catalog lists both green and red versions, but not clear on which is which.
    Last edited by frostr6; 08-04-2019, 10:16 PM.
    Bill Connell
    1969 TR6 CC28790
    TR6 project log
    St. Paul MN

Red is correct for both lights. The lenses are held in by a circular clip. Can be removed for painting bezels. So you are missing the sockets that screw on to the back. I will check and see if I have extras.

Comment

• frostr6
      frostr6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes, I have the front piece for both, with red lens and circular clip, and the bulb holder assembly for the back, just missing the screw-on back piece. Thanks for looking.

Brake failure and hazard warning lamp lenses are red for North American exports. Not sure about other markets. You may be getting confused with the lamps in the speedo and tach, of which the smaller trafficator and oil jewels are green, high beams blue and ignition red.

Comment

• frostr6
      frostr6 commented
      Editing a comment
      No, I mean the dash lights that are above the speedo and tach on the earlier cars. The Rimmer page lists both colors, but doesn’t specify market or use:
      https://rimmerbros.com/Item--i-GRID600238

Yes, I have some extras. PM me your address and I will send a set to you.

Comment

• frostr6
      frostr6 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you! PM sent.

‘69-72 dash warning lights

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,945   Posts: 484,110   Members: 9,381   Active Members: 637
Welcome to our newest member, Lamarqe.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X