Pres N Snap Tool Needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pres N Snap Tool Needed

Does anyone have a Pres N Snap tool I could borrow? I'm about to begin the process of installing a new soft top and this handy tool would make the snaps go on so much easier. The cheapest one I can find online is $110. I'd much rather just borrow one since I have no intention of ever needing to use it again... I'll happily pay the postage for sending it to me. Here's a picture of one.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-06-24 at 1.20.08 PM.png
Views:	0
Size:	214.5 KB
ID:	523899
    Pete, Collierville TN
    1976 CF54385 U
    A rolling resto in progress...

I've done 3 tops for my 6 and always just used the little punch and receptacle bit you can buy an any hardware store for less than $10. That machine looks really nice, but unless you are a professional upholsterer, it's overkill.
    CF1634U+O Pimento/Chestnut
    2nd owner, since 1975
    Now in Fair Oaks, CA

Comment

Originally posted by baws View Post
      I've done 3 tops for my 6 and always just used the little punch and receptacle bit you can buy an any hardware store for less than $10. That machine looks really nice, but unless you are a professional upholsterer, it's overkill.
      Agreed. I’m working on an old Airstream trailer and I am using a little $10 kit from eBay that includes the punch, a concave mini anvil, and the snap pieces. Works fine.
      SR
      73 TR6. HT/AC/OD
      86 930
      91 535i

Comment

The fabric stores have these that look sort of like a pliers and work great. Maybe $12?
        1974 TR-6 Logic Overdrive

Comment

• prasnick
          prasnick commented
          Editing a comment
          Thanks, Mike. I had read somewhere that those didn't work very well, but I ended up buying some and they work fine.

Pres N Snap Tool Needed

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,986   Posts: 484,635   Members: 10,244   Active Members: 1,068
      Welcome to our newest member, Aliceanozy.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
      X