Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 70Damson
    replied
    Has anyone had any experience with Carrelli carpet sets available via Amazon and/or Ebay?

Leave a comment:

• Cygan
    replied
    The early cars came with Wilton Wool. Really nice lateral to be sure. The later cars 73-76 changed to tufted nylon. Before I knew the difference I bought the BMIHT approved set from Vicky Brit’s. It was about half the price of the TRF Wilton wool set. I eventually did it the wool set from TRF because it
    is the right one for my car. However, I must say that the BMIHT set was really good. It
    had all the right kick panels and a nice sewn in boot for the e-brake. It also had the nice sewn in edging. The carpet really nice. I think if cost was an issue I would go with that set.

NFI
    Cyg

Leave a comment:

• bluetr6er
    replied
    My 72 had nice original wool carpet. I had to store the car from 1988-2005 while working overseas. One of the items missing from storage prep lists was “moth balls” for the carpet! I had chunks of canvas instead of the beautiful soft wool. Hope this is helpful comment.

Leave a comment:

• frostr6
    replied
    Yes, i got my seat parts from Skinner and that's the way he operates. Once you request a quote you'll get a special link to your quote page where you can add or remove things before finalizing the order.

Leave a comment:

• Anthony
    replied
    The Skinner set looks impressive. I gather you have to spec out you needs and they will issue a quote?

Leave a comment:

• 289tiger
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    Where did you get the Skinner set?
    https://www.john-skinner.co.uk/triumph/tr6/

Leave a comment:

• Anthony
    replied
    Thanks for all the input! I'm leaning towards Rimmer wool set in the 400's with shipping, but the beige may be too light. There are a couple of pile suppliers that have the right color in the mid 200's. Moss in honey tan, I like the color, is mid 500's for pile.

Leave a comment:

• YankeeTR5
    replied
    There was a cheap nylon short pile carpet kit that came with my sons 74 car that we picked up last year. Think it was from Victoria British. I had a couple of other new sets (both wool) that either came with a car I had bought or I purchased in advance for the TR5. Anyway, I threw the cheap set in the sons car figuring that, well, he's 16 and its Seattle so over the winter its going to get abused a bit. Gotta say, it has held up really well and substantially improved the look of things. So, if money is an issue, go for a low end set. Over the years having had many TR's outfitted with different carpets, I'd recommend staying away from the low end looped nylon sets and go for the pile sets. The low end looped nylon sets in my cars seem to have the backing disintegrate and age pretty rapidly. Maybe the pile carpet has to be made a bit better so the pile doesn't fall out. Hope this helps out for a budget minded view. The wool stuff is nice, no doubt but not for everyones situation.

Leave a comment:

• dicta
    replied
    Originally posted by Anthony View Post
    I was hoping to obtain some suggestions / recommendations about carpet and suppliers. Right now money is definitely a factor but I want to install the seat brackets and finish the interior. I would love to hear from anyone who has recently made a purchase and installation and could give an opinion as to fit and quality.

Thanks in advance.
    Anthony
    Anthony --- After about 20 years with the wool carpet set, last year I elected to install the (TRF) nylon carpet. The fit was good, tho it did require some scissor work on some of the generous pieces, to limit the overlap. The reason for not going with the wool was it's inability for Velcro to stick to it. Not a deal breaker for many, I know...

Dick

Leave a comment:

• Anthony
    replied
    Where did you get the Skinner set?

Leave a comment:

• 289tiger
    replied
    I just installed a Skinner wool set; very happy with fit and quality.

Leave a comment:

• kenneth
    replied
    I put in the TRF tufted nylon carpet at least 10 years ago and it still looks like new. Excellent quality and fit.

Leave a comment:

• UberXY
    replied
    There is no doubt that the Wilton sets are about as good as it gets.

But I bought a set on eBay for 20% of the cost of the TRF set. It fit fine, and looks way better than the old carpet. No where near as nice as Wilton, but on the other hand, about all the carpet you end up seeing is the trans tunnel and rear package shelf. My floor carpeting is covered up by TRF rubber floor mats.

i did use Mr Danielsons vinyl kit, which I liked a lot. After I finished the interior I realized that you see a lot more vinyl than you see carpet.
    Last edited by UberXY; 05-12-2019, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Tim_Moore
    replied
    I also installed the TRF Wilton Wool carpet and I am very happy. Its a very luxurious thick carpet.

Leave a comment:

• SapphireBlue72
    replied
    The hot tip of a solder gun will also work for burning the holes.

Leave a comment:

Carpet suggestions

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,973   Posts: 484,499   Members: 10,052   Active Members: 975
Welcome to our newest member, Verinstostype.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

Working...
X