Big British Car Show planned for RI following Harkness weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Big British Car Show planned for RI following Harkness weekend

I can't believe that I finally have a free schedule for Harkness this year and there will be a big three day event the following weekend in Bristol & Newport RI, sponsored by the same group that brings you the British Invasion in Stowe, VT every year.

This will be held in conjunction with the British Sailing Regatta June 12-14.

Argghhhhhh!!!!!.....I have to attend a big wedding of a very close friend that weekend.....I have to get away for some of this event, possibly on Sunday.

The weather forecast is very promising for Harkness this Sunday. Yea...........
    Best Therapy
    http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
    Zoom Zoom

Comment

Gaetano puts on a good show......... usually a 3 or 4 day event with tons of activities, both driving and not. He and his buddy are two "characters" that rub some people the wrong way but I just tune him out....they've kept the Stowe event going for 25 years so they must be doing something right.
      1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
      Patton TBI
      HVDA Toyota 5 speed
      Goodparts Nissan Diff
      Goodparts CVJs
      AAW Wire Harness
      Miata Seats
      Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

I was a regular at Stowe for a number of years. I met Rick Patton and Aaron Cropley there some 10 years ago. Those relationships have flourished but my attraction to the Stowe event has waned. These being the same producers of Stowe, the British Invasion, I will go to RI for a drive by and the day trip but not the show. but that's me...Did I say I love Newport? Newport is awesome.
        Best Therapy
        http://www.britishv8.org/Triumph/AlbertGary.htm
        Zoom Zoom

Comment

Wish I could meet you there Al, but I'll be in Maine on Sat. I do plan to work at the BMCNE tent for some part of the day on Sunday though, if they need the help.

Comment

I registered my TR7 for the show, though I may only be there one of the days myself. I reallllyyyy need to get some garage time so I can get the hunter roadster on the road... I'd like to take it to Day of Triumph this year if I can ! Need to take out the HVDA, fit the BW65, measure for a new driveshaft, etc all in the next few weeks.

Comment

And we'd all love to see it there!

Comment

Had a great day as always at Brits by the Sea yesterday- perfect weather and lots of great cars. Thanks to the Ct Club for another fun affair.
                A number of people were discussing the upcoming show in Bristol RI with an eye towards possibly going if the weather cooperated. I looked at the show info again today and indeed the entrants fee would have been $65/per car as I mentioned yesterday to a few shocked folks hmy:
                Good news/bad news department : it does not matter now as it is a pre-registered only show and it closed 6/1. Tickets to the show are 15/ea for Sat & Sunday or 10/ea Sunday only and parking is 5/car.

Comment

.............I looked at the show info again today and indeed the entrants fee would have been $65/per car as I mentioned yesterday to a few shocked folks hmy:
                  I think that's because, like Stowe, it's really a 3 or 4 day event with car related activities planned for each day. Thursday is a rally, Friday is a street party, Saturday the show and Sunday is driving tour and tailgate party. So you get a big bang for the buck and part of the fun is building that friendship base that brings you back year after year. Stowe is a terrific show but, for me, the real fun is getting together for breakfast and dinner with the "Maine gang".
                  Patton TBI
                  HVDA Toyota 5 speed
                  Goodparts Nissan Diff
                  Goodparts CVJs
                  AAW Wire Harness
                  Miata Seats

Comment

It is indeed a multi-day / multi-event presentation. The rally on Thursday is another fee of 85pp w/ box lunch, the evening event in town is another fee, the tailgate affair is another $20, the Saturday evening event is another 65pp............

The original purpose of my post was to give a heads up to those who were considering going to Bristol for the show that it may not be possible to hit the field as a last minute entrant. There are some great breakfast places in town though, and some wonderful roads throughout the East Bay communities.

Comment

It is indeed a multi-day / multi-event presentation. The rally on Thursday is another fee of 85pp w/ box lunch, the evening event in town is another fee, the tailgate affair is another $20, the Saturday evening event is another 65pp............

The original purpose of my post was to give a heads up to those who were considering going to Bristol for the show that it may not be possible to hit the field as a last minute entrant. There are some great breakfast places in town though, and some wonderful roads throughout the East Bay communities.
                      LOL..... evidently the crowd that Newport attracts is much better off than those who travel to Stowe...... At Stowe, there's no charge for the Friday night downtown concert but I don't see a RI fee for that either........ the tailgate competition is also free atStowe as is the drive through the notch on Sunday morning. I think the Thursday driving tour does have a charge as they have a "formal" meal involved. Definately pricey either way.
                      Patton TBI
                      HVDA Toyota 5 speed
                      Goodparts Nissan Diff
                      Goodparts CVJs
                      AAW Wire Harness
                      Miata Seats

Comment

Big British Car Show planned for RI following Harkness weekend

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,727   Posts: 481,786   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 267
                      Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                      X