Summer in New England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer in New England

Im a new owner of a beautiful 71 TR6 and am very much waiting for the weather to war up so I can get her out for some drives. Been looking for this car since I was a kid, now am 62, so life and stuff kept me waiting. But now I found one. I'd love to meet you folks at these meets this summer, is Harkness going to happen? are there others I can put on the calendar? Looking forward to connecting this summer thanks...Dave

Welcome Dave......... Harkness is a great show in a beautiful setting and one of the first shows of the year.... where are you located?
    1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
    Patton TBI
    HVDA Toyota 5 speed
    Goodparts Nissan Diff
    Goodparts CVJs
    AAW Wire Harness
    Miata Seats
    Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

If you are in Southern NE then you must check out caffeine and carburetors in New Canaan and Harkness is the best all English show.
      You will be one of 50 TR6's

Comment

Dave, welcome to the forum and to a great hobby. It's great to have a guy close to my age here with me!!

Where are you located? I'm very near Providence, in SE Mass. We have several good clubs and a lot of shows up here too.

Comment

i am in Bristol,Ct. looking for connections and dates for those gatherings in New England. thanks ...Dave

Comment

Check out the British Motor Cars of New England, New England Triumphs, Cape Cod British Car Club and your own CT Triumph Register.

Comment

Dave - there will be a spring drive (weather permitting) up to Triumph day at Cardone and Daughter in late May with the CT Triumph group. I'm not a member, but we usually caravan with anyone in that group going up (it's in Westbrook off I-95). There are three of us in Wallingford who usually attend. It's a half day look at the cars in the shop and eat free donuts; a good time to get the cobwebs off the car for a nice drive.

Also - send an email to CReinke [sp] with your email address. Several times a year, the western CT TR6 owners get together for a frosty brew and car talk. It has been named "boys and toys" and he'll add you to the list when something is set up - probably late spring.

Al Gary (Trick6) is in Hartford; Bill Koch [sp] is in North Haven; Ivan Bailey, Bob Danielson, and I are in Wallingford. The boys and toys group includes about 12 western CT/eastern NYS owners.

This part of the US is rich with Triumph fans!
              1976 TR-6 BRG - CF57239U
              Carbs by Poolboy
              Rear Camber Kit, Rear Hubs by Goodparts
              Gear Reduction Starter by TSI
              Distributor by British Vacuum

Comment

Thanks for all the recommendations about events, groups and people. I will be at as many of those as I can, nice to know there are so many Triumph folks around here. I had to have some time with the car today, it hit 40 degrees and sunny here, I washed the Jetta SW and started the TR6, Maggie the dog thought I was nuts. thanks everyone....Dave

Comment

Boys and Toys photos from 2014

Comment

I am being teased this week, sunny and almost 50 degrees. It's been a long dark winter for sure. So what are the dates for Harkness and the other local get togethers in and around Ct? I hope to get the TR6 out and running soon, if only the snow and salt will go away

Comment

I am being teased this week, sunny and almost 50 degrees. It's been a long dark winter for sure. So what are the dates for Harkness and the other local get togethers in and around Ct? I hope to get the TR6 out and running soon, if only the snow and salt will go away
                      Here's the site..... looks like 6/7..... always the first Sunday of the month.
                      1975 Mimosa with a few upgrades/mods:
                      Patton TBI
                      HVDA Toyota 5 speed
                      Goodparts Nissan Diff
                      Goodparts CVJs
                      AAW Wire Harness
                      Miata Seats
                      Boyd Welding Custom 15 gallon aluminum gas tank

Comment

Dave, welcome to the club. I live fairly close by in Middlebury and go to as many of the local events as I can. Let me know what you are heading to and we can go in tandem.

Comment

Great, I'll be in touch soon...Dave

Comment

Pushing to get things done for spring
                            Rebuilt heater is installed and hooked up.
                            This weekend I wrestled the rebuilt trans back into its home. The fatty added 30 lbs from Quantum Mechanics.
                            It was a solo install with the help of the broomstick and floor jack.
                            Next drain oil and drop the oil pan for a new gasket.
                            New points, condenser, valve adjustment and fix the wire rats nest under the dash.
                            Mr Mike seat covers are on the way along with seat heaters.
                            16"Konigs need tires
                            The car hasn't been run since November, I am hoping there are no fuel issues.
                            The road is full of frost heaves, it will be a bumpy ride this year in CT.

Comment

Tom, you should have called me for an assist on the tranny ... cuz I'm callling you when I do mine ...
                              Joe Murawski

'74 w/bits of '72
                              ... a perpetual work-in-progress...

Comment

Summer in New England

Collapse

Search

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

6-Pack Car Club of the Americas Statistics

Collapse

Topics: 38,727   Posts: 481,786   Members: 8,397   Active Members: 267
                              Welcome to our newest member, ajiupoconiiv.

Upcoming Events

Collapse

Working...
                              X